Location: Edinburgh & Virtual
Employer: Changeworks, Edinburgh
Young people are driving the policy and campaigning agenda on the climate, but how do we get them involved in delivering the green economy and low-carbon society that we all want to see? It is critical that young people are provided pathways to access these work opportunities to support Scotland’s ambitious sustainability targets. To help achieve this, Changeworks and the Social Enterprise Academy have established a partnership to provide twelve young people from across Scotland with a week-long work experience in the green economy in 2024.
About the Work Experience: The work experience week is designed to provide insight into the wide range of work available in the environmental sector. Young people will have the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience that will inspire environmental responsibility and steps towards employment in the sector. The young people will interact with different departments across Changeworks, either undertaking practical work experience, or having the chance to talk to staff from the department about their role and pathways. The young people will also work together in groups on a research project into green jobs. At the end of the week, they will have the opportunity to present their project and share their findings.
This also includes covering travel costs to Edinburgh if required.
• Providing young people with knowledge and insight of the wide range of opportunities in the sustainability sector.
• Supporting young people’s development though providing practical experience in green jobs.
• Helping bridge Scotland’s green skills gap, by developing the skills required to create a Net Zero economy.
• Encouraging young people to lend their skill sets to low carbon careers, making sustainability pathways more accessible.
• Inspiring the young people to take environmental responsibility and action in their everyday lives.
To apply for the work experience please click on https://ecv.microsoft.com/NrKLnAPTXA