Contract: Full-time (39 hours)
Closing Date: 31/03/2023
As the GRAHAM business continues to grow and develop, we are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Site Managers. The successful candidate will be based on one of our Edinburgh projects providing support to our site management team whilst studying on a day release basis.
What will I learn?
The Trainee Site Manager shall:
As a trainee site manager you will be responsible for looking after the teams on a construction site, as well as liasing with the clients.
The job role of a site manager involves the following duties:
- Supervising construction workers
- Assisting with quality and safety inspections
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Maintaining quality control checks
- Motivating the workforce
- Day to day problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise
- Working on-site in all weathers
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
- Demonstrate a strong desire for the role
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Minimum HNC Construction Management or a minimum of four Highers. With at least two Highers at grade B or higher. Various grade combinations from Highers and Advanced Highers
will be considered.
- Nat 5 English and Mathematics are essential