Contract: Full-time (39 hours)
Closing Date: 31/03/2023
As the GRAHAM business continues to grow and develop, we are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Site Engineer. The successful candidate will be based on one of our Glasgow projects providing support to our Engineers whilst studying on a day release basis.
What will I learn?
The Trainee Site Engineer shall:
- Undertake surveying and setting out duties.
- Check drawings and quantities.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contractors engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and standards are adhered to.
- Ensure quality records necessary to meet quality requirements are maintained.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Arrange testing of materials.
- Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
- Keep a detailed Site Diary.
- Fully interact/collaborate with other members of the construction site
team (team player).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
- Demonstrate a strong desire for the role
- Demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Minimum HNC Civil Engineering or a minimum of four Highers. With at least two Highers at grade B or higher. (Various grade combinations from Highers and Advanced Highers will be considered.)
- Nat 5 English and Mathematics are essential at; Higher English and Mathematics are preferred.