Closing Date: 12/06/2023
Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 19 June 2023
Salary: FC7 £29,245.89 – £36,547.97
Working Pattern: 36 hours per week
As part of your application, you must provide us with a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for this vacancy. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site. Without a Supporting Statement, your application will not be progressed. Please upload your Supporting Statement at the section marked ‘upload resumé’. Your Supporting Statement must not be a CV. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/supportingstatement.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our Private Housing Standards team.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual with good values and a genuine interest in housing/building/construction.
Protective Services element forms a wide range of statutory and advisory services designed to protect public health and consumer safety through Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Building Standards functions.
Under the leadership and direction of the Service Manager, you may have a range of responsibilities, mainly within the Private Housing Standards part of the team including:
- To support all associated enforcement activity and partnership working as directed by Service Manager/Lead Officer.
- Assisting in and be part of a Private Housing Standards or Building Standards Compliance and Public Safety Team or Operational Support Team as directed – assisting the associated Lead Officer in discharging the responsibilities of that post.
- Maintaining and developing records and reports on the number of complaints and visits recorded against the Housing stock in the private sector in Fife Council.
- Provide advice, information and support to private landlords, tenants and any other relevant persons on Housing Standards.
A link to the role profile is included below. You will find more information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Educated to HND level in a relevant subject.
- Post qualification experience in a Private Housing Standards role.
- Detailed knowledge of Housing Standards, regulations, and service delivery.
- Membership of appropriate professional body would be desirable but not essential.
- Role Profile – When preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
- How We Work Matters – Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits – Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Directorate Information – Council Department information
- Social Media – Search for more ‘Fife Council Jobs’ on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
We are currently shaping our future workstyles however, in light of current advice, we are introducing blended home/office working that will include office access days each week with homeworking for the remainder of your working time.
For Further Information Please Contact: Scott Davidson – firstname.lastname@example.org