Ember are going through an exciting and adventurous stage of growth right now and we are looking for Software Developer who can come on board to compliment our team and hit the ground running. We are offering a great opportunity for someone to come into our business and really define their own role within the company. We are open to the level of experience you have and instead we will be looking more at how you will fit into our culture and our way of working, although some experience is absolutely necessary.
Our passion is how technology can make a difference in the world and we thrive on delivering projects with real purpose. Our business model combines client work along with investing in our own internal digital products which we have done at a considerable level over the last 4 years. A good example of this is The Feel Good Hub https://www.thefeelgoodhub.com which has recently launched.
We have a very flat management structure and are a small, informal and extremely close and experienced team. We are looking for someone to come into the company and own the projects they work on in every aspect of its lifecycle from design to delivery. There will at times be a bit of a hard graft but you will have freedom and autonomy to affect change at every level and from this grow as a Developer and a person.
Our technologies include highly scalable online services and web/mobile apps along with heavy R&D problem solving in a variety of different sectors. We don’t shy away from hard work and complex problems. As an essential skill you must have demonstrable experience of building systems in Laravel and any experience in microservices and API driven applications are a bonus.
If you feel that you are a strong developer who thrives under pressure and can also efficiently manage your own time effectively then we would be interested in speaking to you. You must be able to articulate your decisions convincingly to others in the wider project team and construct creative solutions to any problems.
We are based in Glenrothes, Fife, but we do operate a work-from-home policy when possible. The majority of the team gather once or twice a week for meetings in the office and then work at home the rest of the time, communicating via Slack and Google Meet.
- Ideally you would have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Developer
- You are confident in your abilities and can excel in converting complex project requirements to code
- A commitment and passion for producing code that is exceptional in maintainability, reusability, readability and error proneness
- Utilise a modular-driven pragmatic approach to all work
- Knowledge of common source control systems and best practices
- An understanding and belief in producing quality documentation around software deliverables
- PHP (inc. exhaustive experience in the Laravel framework and the dependency manager Composer)
- Complex Rest API’s
- Project Tracking Tool (JIRA ideally)
- Swagger API Documentation (OpenAPI Specification)
- HTML5 / CSS3 / SASS
- Vue / Vuex / Bootstrap Vue
- Node / Npm
- JS Testing Frameworks such as Jest or Mocha
- Sketch / Figma Exporting
- Perfectionist, have an excellent eye for detail and pixel-perfect is a way of life (inc. animations where appropriate)
- Profit sharing/share options
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Casual dress
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for a UK based person only and we will not reply to any agencies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£29,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in GLENROTHES