Closing Date: 12/06/2023
Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 19 June 2023
Salary: FC6 £26,242.46 – £29,245.89 (50% Salary Year 1, 80% Salary Year 2)
Working Pattern: 36 hours per week
As part of your application, you must provide us with a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for this vacancy. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site. Without a Supporting Statement, your application will not be progressed. Please upload your Supporting Statement at the section marked ‘upload resumé’. Your Supporting Statement must not be a CV. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/supportingstatement.
Protective Services element forms a wide range of statutory and advisory services designed to protect public health and consumer safety through Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Building Standards functions.
Becoming a Modern Apprentice will give you the opportunity to develop a career within Building Standards & Public Safety and be trained to the appropriate National Standard through college attendance and on the job training and experience.
Under the leadership and direction of the Service Manager, you may have a range of responsibilities including:
- Processing building warrant applications and applications for relaxation of building standards, including assessment of plans, specifications and calculations, and the issue of warrants and completion certificates.
- Inspection and monitoring of developments being implemented on site, including testing of drainage systems, to ensure compliance with building warrant approvals.
- Assess work carried out without consent and take necessary action, including issue of appropriate authorisations.
- To inspect buildings and take action in terms of Section 27 of the Building (Scotland) Act – (unauthorised buildings); and inspections and action under Section 29/30 – (dangerous buildings), including authorisation of remedial works and evacuation of buildings.
As a Modern Apprentice you will be involved in supporting the delivery of the above services. Based in Fife House, Glenrothes, the successful candidate will be part of a team dealing with all aspects of the Building Standards function.
A link to the role profile is included below. You will find more information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
These vacancies are restricted to applicants who live in Fife. You must be aged between 16 and 24 on or by the specified start date.
This opportunity does not require you to have any experience in your chosen profession. What we do require is:
- One Higher at grade C or above and three National 5s at grade C or above, which must include maths.
- An understanding of your chosen profession.
- An understanding of the importance of Health and Safety.
- An understanding of the benefits of effective teamwork and customer care principles.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to the working and college environment.
If you are under 16 and don’t have a National Insurance number, e-mail Recruitment.email@example.com and you will be given a temporary number to enable you to complete your application.
- Role Profile – When preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
- How We Work Matters – Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits – Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Directorate Information – Council Department information
- Social Media – Search for more ‘Fife Council Jobs’ on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
For further information please contact: Scott Davidson – firstname.lastname@example.org