Closing Date: 31/10/2022
Raeburn Training currently has an excellent opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join its team.
Reporting to the Director, working a minimum of 37.5 hours between Monday and Friday, they are seeking applicants who are enthusiastic, motivated, and committed to join the company and who can rise to the challenge in a busy and varied role.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Raeburn Training was formed by Sarah and Scott Raeburn, who also own a civil groundwork contracting and housebuilding firm, Raeburn Construction. We offer a suite of training courses that meets training needs across a range of industries, offering business to business solutions, as well as courses for individuals, either directly or through third party organisations and charities.
In addition to our course offering, we work collaboratively with our clients to provide key services, including training plan management, assisting construction companies gain CITB financial support and general H&S advice.
Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Maintain sales and purchase ledger
- Reconcile expenditure against POs raised and approve spends
- Manage payments to suppliers
- Process staff expenses
- Creating new supplier and customer accounts on SAGE
Financial Record Keeping & Reporting
- Ensure all information accurately recorded on SAGE and reconciled regularly
- Prepare monthly team reports on key performance indicators such as enquiries, bookings and conversions.
- Support the production of monthly management reports namely P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Contribute to the preparation of final accounts, working with the accountant and Management Reporting manager.
- Process all required payments to HMRC including VAT returns.
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Ensure compliance with taxation and legislation
- Reconcile SAGE records against other systems to ensure accuracy
- Co-ordinating requests for supplier terms
Financial Planning and Control
- Co-ordinate all entries to the company cashflow system
- Contribute to monthly forecast/target production and prepare reporting against these.
- Monitor debtors list, send statements / letters to clients re outstanding amounts, escalating where required.
Supporting the Director in overseeing the HSE function by –
- Carrying out audits of both the office and instructors course delivery
- Maintain log of any accidents
- Support accident investigation
- Monitor subcontractor H&S policies, insurance, and compliance.
IT / Information Management
- Co-ordinate any IT issues with external IT support provider
- Housekeeping of electronic filing systems
- Co-ordinate software being introduced within the team
- Technical lead for GDPR within the company, fulfilling the role of Data Protection Officer in this regard
General Office Support
- Facilities support including overseeing matters relating to lease, rates, property maintenance etc.
- Monitor phone contracts, assist with technical issues and liaise with service provider.
- First aider for the company
- Fire Warden for the office
- Ensure effective processes are in place for areas of responsibility.
- Working in a young growing business, balancing competing demands on time.
- Managing a varied workload
- Delivering accurate financial information within timescales
- Working with data coming from different software and resolving disparities
- Dealing with unforeseen challenges
- Work independently prioritising tasks as required
- Developing proactive and effective business processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience of SAGE software or equivalent accountancy software
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent numeric skills and attention to detail
- Work on own initiative and independently
- Excellent planning and organising skills, ability to plan and prioritise tasks
- Confident communicator
- Experience of working in a similar account’s role is preferred
- HNC/D in Accounts related subject is preferred
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- A competitive salary subject to experience, paid monthly
- 32 days holiday per annum (pro-rated to start date)
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please upload your CV to the portal.
- Any queries prior to completing an application should be directed to Adriane Elder
- Interviews will be conducted on a two stage basis.
Initial telephone call with candidates followed by competency based interviews in person at Midfield Skills Development Centre, Midfield Road, Kirkcaldy, KY1 3NL.