Employer: Todd & Duncan Cashmere
Todd & Duncan is the only Scottish spinner offering cashmere yarn to fashion houses and quality manufacturers worldwide. Due to continued investment in new equipment and expansion plans, we have a number of Modern Apprenticeship opportunities within our Engineering & Maintenance department.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with a strong technical skill set who wants to take the next step in their career development and be a part of a high-quality yarn production company.
As part of the strategy to build an Engineering and Maintenance team, the apprenticeship offers opportunities for further development within the company.
What Skills Will I Learn?
You will undertake a Modern Apprentice Programme; this will include on the job training at our Kinross site and attend College as per the programme.
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to further development within the company and a higher-level apprenticeship.
- The Electrician Apprentice assists with and completes maintenance work orders on electrical equipment. This includes testing malfunctioning equipment, identifying defects, troubleshooting, repairing equipment and replacing defective parts also be able to interpret electrical drawings. The Electrician Apprentice and Electrician will collaborate with other electrical staff to identify and solve problems.
- As an Engineering Fitter, your work involves steam, hydraulic & pneumatic line repairs, humidification system repairs, assembling parts made from metals or other materials to create production equipment and machinery. You will interpret drawings and plan work, ensuring you have the right tools to create the components. You may have to make components when there are none available.
What Qualifications Are Required?
National 4 or above in Maths, English and a science would be desirable but not essential. The right person for this role needs to be keen, enthusiastic, have good time keeping and also be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
A bus is provided at nominal cost to employees from West Fife for day and night shift.
The routes are:
- Cowdenbeath / Kelty
- Lumphinans / Lochgelly / Lochore / Ballingary / Milnathort
Depending on whether you work day shift, night shift or back shift, the salary will range from £18,415 to £22,415.
Please email your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org
or send to: Job Vacancies, Todd & Duncan Ltd, Lochleven Mills, Kinross, KY13 8DH
- Other relevant Details:
- This programme will include on the job training at their Kinross site and also courses through college.
- SCQF Level 6
- To apply, please email your CV and a covering note to jobs@todd–duncan.co.uk