Contract: Temporary 12-months
Closing Date: 12/06/2023
Proposed Interview Date: Week Commencing 19 June 2023
Salary: FC7 £29,245.89 – £36,547.97
Working Pattern: 36 hours per week
As part of your application, you must provide us with a Supporting Statement which outlines to us how your skills and experience make you a good candidate for this vacancy. For more information, check out the How to Apply section of our Career Site. Without a Supporting Statement, your application will not be progressed. Please upload your Supporting Statement at the section marked ‘upload resumé’. Your Supporting Statement must not be a CV. More information is available on our Career site at www.fife.gov.uk/jobs/supportingstatement.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our Building Standards & Public Safety Team.
We are looking for a motivated and driven individual with good values and a genuine interest in building/construction.
This temporary position could be a suitable secondment opportunity for someone with the right skills and an interest in Building Standards & Public Safety.
Protective Services element forms a wide range of statutory and advisory services designed to protect public health and consumer safety through Environmental Health, Trading Standards and Building Standards functions.
Under the leadership and direction of the Service Manager, you may have a range of responsibilities, including:
- To support all associated enforcement activity and partnership working as directed by Service Manager/Lead.
- Assisting in and be part of a Private Housing Standards or Building Standards Compliance and Public Safety Team or Operational Support Team as directed – assisting the associated Lead Officer in discharging the responsibilities of that post.
- To process, vet and inspect Building Standards applications in line with agreed risk protocols and to process and inspect licensing consultations, buildings in disrepair and grant applications as required as part of the Public Safety Team, Operational Support Team or Private Housing Standards Team.
A link to the role profile is included below. You will find more information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
If you meet the essential qualification criteria outlined below, we’d like to hear from you:
- Educated to HND level (Building/Housing/Construction) or SQA Advanced Certificate Level 8.
- Experience in Building Standards & Public Safety.
- Knowledge of Building Standards & Public Safety Legislation, regulations and service delivery.
- Role Profile – When preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria Role Profile
- How We Work Matters – Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our How We Work Matters behaviour framework for more information.
- Employee Benefits – Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services.
- Directorate Information – Council Department information
- Social Media – Search for more ‘Fife Council Jobs’ on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
For further information please contact: Scott Davidson – firstname.lastname@example.org